Sunday, February 12, 2012

New Guest Room Reveal

I'm very excited about this post!!! I've been wanting to change up the guest room for a few months and seriously thinking about it for a few weeks. Today, I just went for it and it turned out to be very quick and easy, since I kept the colors and furniture the same...just switched out all the decor. This is what the guest room looked like this morning:

When we first moved in 2 years ago, I liked the idea of orange walls, and tried to go for an exotic feel...but I never really liked it. As you can see, I never even finished hanging decor on the walls. Today, I took out the bed linens, rug, chair, small decor, and mirror :( I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that mirror now...I really like it, but it just doesn't fit with the country cottage feel that I'm going for. Hopefully I can find someone to give it a good home :)

Here it is now! What do you think? It's pretty simple...I haven't had a chance to buy many small decor items.

This was my big project for the day. I bought this window at The Barn, a great antique store here in town. They have a huge selection of old windows, but they are piled outside, so most of them need a lot of work to clean them up. This one wasn't too bad, it was already painted white so I cleaned it really well and scuffed up the paint a bit. Then I added this vinyl saying that I love "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." This is by far my favorite decor in the entire house...so far! I have more windows in my craft room waiting to be cleaned and hung up :)

Last minute, I decided to make a burlap throw pillow. It turned out cute, so I plan to make a couple more. Sometime this week I will do a detailed tutorial on how I made this pillow.

I found this cute pitcher, in a set of 3 different sizes for $6.50 at Ross, and added a burlap bow, I think I'll run to Michael's this week to pick up some pretty flowers to throw in. I want a lamp to also put on this table. What other decor items should I throw on here?

I really like this cabinet to store guest towels and extra blankets, but I think I might paint it white. In the basket on top, I have extra toothbrushes, soap, and other toiletries that guests may forget. I'm all ready for guest to come visit!


3 comments:

  1. Very cute Maggie!! I want to come stay! It looks like a very bed and breakfast kind of room!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i love it you decorate a lot like my daughter n law the room looks like it is begging for soemone to coem saty great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to come visit even more now.

    ReplyDelete